Re: [xsl] Adding/Coercing a Namespace

Subject: Re: [xsl] Adding/Coercing a Namespace
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 17:34:18 GMT

> I guess that I could add a fake template in an included transform that
> included some elements in the myNs namespace. Might that coerce the
> namespace in the way that I want?

XSLT2 has an xsl:namespace instruction for making namespace nodes
explictly (if microsoft has an xslt2 implementation???:-)

the methods of doing this in xslt1 are

just add an attribute somewhere in that namespace.
this gives a spurious attribute but causes the namespace node to be
added.

If that is not acceptable you can use <xsl:copy to copy a namespace node
from the source or stylesheet this is I think the situation you are in
so you can <xsl:copy select="namespace:*"/> from the source and get the
namespaces copied over.

Failing that, if the namespace is not in the source, you have to make a
result tree fragment in a variable with an element in that namespace,
use msxml:node-set to get a node set and then use taht node set to copy
the namespace node as above.

David