Re: [xsl] Getting values from nested XML tags

Subject: Re: [xsl] Getting values from nested XML tags
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:14:35 +0000
Hi Mani,

> I've following XML
>
> Using XSL how can get ONLY this is a test two three without the one.
> If I use
> <xsl:value-of select="."> I'm getting everything including one
> If I use
> <xsl:value-of select="./text()"> I'm getting only this is a test
>
> Is there a function in XSL I can use that gets me
> this is a test two three

In other words you want to get the values of the text nodes within the
<test> element, concatenated together.

You could use:

  <xsl:for-each select="text()">
    <xsl:value-of select="." />
  </xsl:for-each>

or (assuming that you haven't got a separate template matching text
nodes):

  <xsl:apply-templates select="text()" />

Cheers,

Jeni