RE: [xsl] Maintaining XML via Form Post

Subject: RE: [xsl] Maintaining XML via Form Post
From: Jeff Beadle <Jbeadle@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:38:11 -0500
Hey Karl,

Our product posts xml from our web clients--a browser.

Here are a couple of  reasons why this is good:
   1.  We have been able quite easily migrate these to web service calls.
   2.  You have a logically encapsulated, well-formed request that saves
server-side overhead in having to build a complex request structure out of a
query string or form fields, as well as providing an standard API (schema)
to your server-side request consumers.

But, your question:
>>There are many form posts (many trips back to
>>the server).  Is this a good idea?

I don't quite understand.  Why are there many posts?  What does that have to
do with submitting a post with an xml body?
Are building xml via the posts?  If so, then I definitely think that is a
bad idea ... unless you don't have any scalability demands.  And why not
build the xml on the client?  If you need to get server-side input to drive
its content, then I'd suggest batching your calls as much as possible.

Also, I think you may want to post your question on some other lists,
because this isn't really an xsl related question ... it sounds more like an
application design question.

Jeff