[xsl] Conditionally compare dates from two XML docs?

Subject: [xsl] Conditionally compare dates from two XML docs?
From: damianclark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 14:54:51 +1100
I'm trying to bring in entries from another document only if they are
the same date as the document I'm already processing. This is my first
go at conditional processing, I'm guessing this is something how it
works:
	..
	   <xsl:for-each
select="document('AddNews.xml')/newsindex/entry">
            <xsl:if test="number(date1) = number(date2)">
            <xsl:value-of select="headline"/>
         </xsl:for-each>
	..

How do I access the 'date1' from the original source tree, now that I'm
processing the external document 'AddNews.xml'? i.e, change context from
one document to another?

Damian Clark