RE: [xsl] Partial XSLT on grandchildren only?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Partial XSLT on grandchildren only?
From: cknell@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:49:25 -0500
> I've had trouble making the Microsoft DOM constrain itself
> to only the grandchild node -- it climbs up (down, actually)
> to the grandparent and transforms the whole document,
> even when I only pass it the grand child node. Does XALAN
> do this too?

I suspect that MSXSL is doing exactly what you've asked it to do (it's just that you don't realize that you've asked it to do this), and that Xalan will do the same.

Send along a short sample data document and a trimmed-down XSLT document and we'll see if I'm correct in my guess.

--
Charles Knell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email