[xsl] substring-before<tab/>... substring-after<tab/> take 2

Subject: [xsl] substring-before<tab/>... substring-after<tab/> take 2
From: Deb Berkson <dberkson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 07:43:55 -0800
Hi!

I am sorry to pester again, but nobody has had a response... Is this impossible to do in straight XSLT???

(From my Friday email)
I am trying to get the text before and after the <tab/> demarcation in order to insert the strings into separate fields in a table.

I can't think of a way to get the information separated... when I output the <xsl:value-of> on the same node I get:

<para>ProviderThe name of the provider to use for the connection.</para>

I looked on the FAQs and archives but I didn't quite know how to word this query.

Thank you in advance and Happy Monday (if that isn't too much of an oxymoron)

Deb Berkson