RE: [xsl] XSL-FO versus PostScript

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSL-FO versus PostScript
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 19:18:51 GMT
   >And earlier, IBM
   >had a product, TeXML I think it was, which provided a declarative XML
   layer
   >over TeX that you could target in a transform ... then a back end
   processor
   >could render it into TeX. (Ah, now I see Joe K. has mentioned that.
   Check
   >out alphaworks.ibm.com.)

   I'm rather interested in this one, did anyone ever try it out?

Yes but only really for very early drafts of XSLT.
Once XSLT gained the text output method TeXML rather lost its
attraction as it's just as easy to generate the tex directly
than to generate the xml-ised tex and it's a whole lot easier to process
it.

David