Re: [xsl] UBL Formatting Specifications (Was: UCC.EAN xml schema to format object)

Subject: Re: [xsl] UBL Formatting Specifications (Was: UCC.EAN xml schema to format object)
From: Eric Smith <es@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 01:10:53 +0100
G. Ken Holman said:
> At 2003-03-02 20:12 +0100, Eric Smith wrote:
> >Has anyone worked on converting the UCC.EAN xml schema
> >or ebXML schema to format object?
>
> I'm assuming here you mean XSLT stylesheets to take ebXML instances to HTML
> for the web and XSL-FO for print.  Yes, Crane Softwrights has publicly
> released a fledgling XSLT library for HTML and XSL-FO for the seven UBL
> document types (follow the "Resource Library" link from our home page
> linked in my trailer) under the modified BSD license so it can be freely
> used by only maintaining the original copyright.

Right on Ken.

I followed the above link and looked at the Invoice example.
Your OfficeInvoiceInstance1 name space viz. xmlns:cat="urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:CommonAggregateTypes:1.0:0.70"
has the following elements:
Address
BasePrice
BuyerParty
BuyersItemIdentification
BuyersOrderID
CategoryTotal
CityName
CountrySub-Entity
Description
DescriptionCode
FromEventCode
ID
InvoiceLine
InvoicedQuantity
IssueDate
Item
LegalTotals
LineExtensionAmount
LineExtensionTotalAmount
Name
Note
PartyName
PaymentTerms
PostalZone
PriceAmount
RateCategoryCodeID
RatePercentNumeric
ReferencedOrder
SellerParty
SellersItemIdentification
SellersOrderID
SettlementPeriod
Street
TaxAmount
TaxAmounts
TaxTotal
TaxTypeCode/
TaxableAmount
ToBePaidTotalAmount
TypeCode

The schema instance that we wish to provide a rendering library for is very different
(see http://www.uc-council.org/documents/pdf/EAN.UCC_Business_Message_Standards_Version_1.0.pdf)
- for example it has the following elements:
[see below]

So this is not UBL -

Any ideas for how we could leverage your fine work for xmlns="http://www.uc-council.org/smp/schemas/...";
Is there a possibility to make a single xslt project in respect of both schemas?

--
Eric Smith

[EAN.UCC elements]
AllowanceCharge