[xsl] Maintainability Problem

Subject: [xsl] Maintainability Problem
From: "Tim Kyle" <tk12@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 13:53:17 -0000
Hi-

I haven't used XSL in a while, and I am facing a maintainability
problem.

I have created two XSLs, one which is with a DOCTYPE for HTML 4.01, the
other for XHTML Basic. These XSLs are exactly the same, except for these
parts of my XSL:

HTML 4.01
---------

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

<xsl:output method="html"
    doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
    doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd";
    encoding="iso-8859-1"
    indent="yes"/>

...and

XHTML 1.0
---------

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
    xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";>

<xsl:output method="xml"
    doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML Basic 1.0//EN"
    doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-basic/xhtml-basic10.dtd";
    encoding="iso-8859-1"
    indent="yes"
    omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>

Does someone know an easy way in which I could have two files, one with
the HTML 4.01 header and one with the XHTML 1.0 header, and I could
reuse them whenever I wanted by calling them in XSLs when needed. For
example, could I just do an include of these headers rather than having
to copy them in each file?

Please let me know,

Many thanks,

Tim Kyle