[xsl] Setting up style sheets in multiple languages

Subject: [xsl] Setting up style sheets in multiple languages
From: "Hugh Dixon" <hugh.dixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 09:53:32 +1100
I am wanting to set up some style sheets to produce output text and HTML
in multiple languages, eg French, Chinese etc.
Has anyone done this?

I am thinking there could be different files/templates for each
language, eg Report1UK.xslt, Report1US.xslt etc.
I would try to keep templates that contain translatable strings in one
set of files, and those that do not could then be in language neutral
xslt files.

Alternatively, a parameter could be used, and the template would display
strings in the correct language automatically.  In this case I would be
forced to use double byte/Unicode style sheets.

A third option would be to replace all the translatable strings with
variables, and define these variables in an external file, one file for
each language.  Each report xslt file would then begin with an import of
the translatable string variables for a particular language.

Has anyone done anything like this?  Has anyone any thoughts on how this
could be done?

Thanks!