Re: [xsl] Re: Re: Creating a XSL to return the input

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Re: Creating a XSL to return the input
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 05:21:34 -0800 (PST)
> > Everybody can and will make their own conclusion about the real
> > level of testing of an XSLT processor that does not implement
> > correctly something so basic as the child::node() node test.
>
>   <xsl:template match="@*|node()">
>
> is not child::node() node test.

node() is an abbreviation for child::node(), as per spec:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#path-abbrev

Because node() will match different kinds of nodes depending on with
which axis it is used, it is better to show the axis in order to avoid
any possible confusion.

And the problem of correctly matching node() is what started this
thread.

> You tend to jump very hastilly on
> conclusions... which often happens when people didn't go down to
> actually implementing the stuff :-)

There are great people, who are actually implementing the stuff and
implementing it *correctly*.

>   I still don't know what aim you're aiming at but this looks less
> and less trying to be useful the community on this specific thread.

Right. Usually such threads are not created at all, because the
developers are grateful to the people, who have found some bug and thus
contributed to making their product better.

Dimitre Novatchev.