[xsl] Determining the extension of the output file?

Subject: [xsl] Determining the extension of the output file?
From: Esther Parrilla Endrino <esther.parrilla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:38:40 +0100
Hello all,

I am doing a very simple example that transforms an XML file into and HTML file after applying and XSL using libxml2 and libxslt.
I use the xmlSaveFile() function to save to disk the output HTML file.
For that I put in my code:
res = xsltApplyStylesheet(cur, doc, params)
xmlSaveFile("output.html", res);

But my problem is that sometimes I am going to use an XSL that shall transform the XML to HTML and sometimes I shall use other XSL that shall transform the XML to another different XML... and I would like to call my output file output.html or output.xml depending on the type of XSL I apply.

So I have thought that when I am parsing my XSL with the function xsltParseStylesheetFile() I should try to determine if there is an <html...> tag in the XSL or and <xml...>. I have been looking for a function in the libxslt API that can di this for mi but I haven´t found any :( ...

Does anybody knows if there is a function in the libxslt API that can do that?
Should I look in the libxml2 API instead?

Thanks in advance!

esther

--

Esther Parrilla Endrino