RE: [xsl] substring for whole words.

Subject: RE: [xsl] substring for whole words.
From: Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:59:20 +0200
Hi,

> I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious, but how do I get
> substring-before() or substring() to not split something in the
> middle of a word.  What I mean is, given an xml snippet of:
>
> <foo>
> <wibble>This is only a test but it is a really really long
> one</wibble>
> <wibble>This is a different test, right.</wibble>
> </foo>
>
> How do I produce:
> <ul>
> <li>This is only a test</li>
> <li>This is a different test</li>
> </ul>
>
> I.e. Take the first five words as delimited by the whitespace?
> Any Hints?

Write a recursive template that tokenizes the string, and outputs both the tokens and delimiters, and stops after the fifth token is found. Dimitre's <http://fxsl.sourceforge.net/> might worth looking at if you're fed up writing the same recursive template for the gizillionth time.

Cheers,

Jarno - C-Drone-Defect: The Few