[xsl] Removing unwanted tag content from xsl output to html response.

Subject: [xsl] Removing unwanted tag content from xsl output to html response.
From: "Simon Kelly" <kelly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:07:01 +0100
Hi all,

I am having a problem with a template to pass over some unused tags without
printing them out to the responce OutputStream in html.

I have the following xsl sheet (Very simple) and when I do not include the
<xsl:template match="*" /> I get my output the way I want it, but with all
the remainder of the xml as text at the bottom of the screen.  If I include
the match="*" template I get nothing at all.

Any pointers would be handy. (NOTE: All paths in templates are absolute)

Cheers

Simon

[CODE]
version="1.0">
    <xsl:output method="html"/>

    <!-- template rule matching source /root/tables element -->
    <xsl:template match="/root/tables">
        <h1>Avaliable subsystems and signals</h1>
            <tbody>
                    <th>Subsystem</th>
                    <th>Time Select (Not implemented)</th>
                    <th>Signal Select</th>
                <xsl:apply-templates select="/root/tables/table"/>
            </tbody>
    </xsl:template>

    <xsl:template match="/root/tables/table">
                <b><xsl:value-of select="@name"/></b>
                <xsl:for-each select="column">
                    <xsl:apply-templates
select="/root/tables/table/column"/>
                </xsl:for-each>
    </xsl:template>

    <xsl:template match="/root/tables/table/column">
        <b>Click to select :</b><xsl:value-of select="."/><br/>
    </xsl:template>

<!-- This is the line causing the problem -->
    <xsl:template match="*" />

</xsl:stylesheet>

Institut fuer
Prozessdatenverarbeitung