Re: [xsl] "Beginning XSLT"

Subject: Re: [xsl] "Beginning XSLT"
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:18:12 +0000
Hi Hans,

> do you know if your book is avaible or will be aviable in german
> language ?

I don't think that it is at the moment, and I don't know whether it
will be; I don't know what Wrox's policy is on doing translations.

> Is there something about generic programming of xlst modules ?

It depends what you mean by "generic programming"? It's a beginner's
book, so there's not much that's terribly sophisticated in it.

> I am also interests in how to generate in a efficient way from the
> same source different outputs: html, xhtml, pdf, svg.

Beginning XSLT focuses on how to create HTML and XHTML for most of the
book. There is a chapter that introduces SVG and shows how to process
the same XML as used in the rest of the book in order to generate it.
It doesn't talk about generating XSL-FO (in order to generate PDF)
because that's a large topic in its own right, and the book is already
rather large!

Cheers,

Jeni

---