Re: [xsl] Choose Test for Emtpy element

Subject: Re: [xsl] Choose Test for Emtpy element
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:30:41 -0500
Karl,

Try test="normalize-space(@availableInventory)"

This is a FAQ. When asked, it is often unclear what the questioner means by "empty". In your case, having said it may be padded with spaces is helpful: normalize-space trims leading and trailing whitespace (and collapses internal whitespace into single spaces) so it corrects for this.

It's also a bit confusing since "empty element" is actually a technical term in XML (and even as such can mean different things in different contexts, e.g. well-formed XML vs. "empty" in reference to how an element is declared in a DTD or schema), but you don't quite mean that ... here, it's not even an element, it's an attribute.

HTH--
Wendell