[xsl] xalan-java DTM ID error

Subject: [xsl] xalan-java DTM ID error
From: Greg Martel <gregm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 17:49:12 -0600
Hello,

I have been using Ant to run Xalan to batch process xml files to html, and it has been working well up until lately. I got a new computer--(IBM) Windows machine and installed new versions of Ant and JSDK, and ever since, i have been having trouble because of this error:

org.apache.xml.dtm.DTMException: No more DTM IDs are available.

The error kills the batch transformation. Being unfamiliar with Java, i am having great trouble figuring out what this means.

Ant uses Xalan to do xslt transforms; and i have discovered that this is a Xalan error, not Ant, but that's as far as I can get. Why am i unable now to do the same transforms that I could before installing the new versions of Ant/JSDK? Also, many files will transformed to html up until the error point--and in some cases, removing the file that Xalan crashed on will "solve" the problem; but this is not an actual solution, and i have not yet discovered what the problem files have in common. Maybe understanding what this error means will help me to at least do that.

Any insight into how to solve this problem would be much appreciated.
--
Thanks,

gregm