RE: [xsl] Parameters Out

Subject: RE: [xsl] Parameters Out
From: Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 12:49:38 +0200
Hi,

> Is it possible to pass parameters out from a stylesheet as
> well as in? I
> have a java servlet which receives an XML file and uses Xalan
> to perform an
> XSL transform into another XML file for sending to the
> client. One of the
> elements in the original file contains the URL to which the
> transformed
> sheet should be sent after the transform is complete.

1) Use an extension funtion to store the url value into a variable outside the transformation
2) re-process or pre-process the XML document and retrieve the URL, e.g. using DOM and later feeding the DOM document to the transformation
3) write your own URLResolver and use e.g.

  document(concat("yoururischeme:variablename:", url))

There are other approaches, but I'd suggest 2.

Cheers,

Jarno - Icon of Coil: Access and Amplify