Re: [xsl] add new line to an html table with xsl

Subject: Re: [xsl] add new line to an html table with xsl
From: Laurence Mossuz <mossuz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 13:03:03 +0100
the button is just a way to call some service on the server or the client (??) that returns the document with a new row.
but the pb is that i would like to add the new line dynamically i dont want to make a refresh of the page
is it possible

Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> > i would like to create a button in my html page which allows
> > the user to
> > add new lines to its html table. I would like to code this in xsl by
> > using an if condition and a variable declaration:
> >
> > <xsl:variable name="newLine">
> >   <input border="0" name="toto" size="10" type="text" />
> > </xsl:variable>

> > <xsl:if "test=...">
> >  <xsl:copy-of  select="$newLine"/>
> > </xsl:if>

> How is the button supposed to work? Will it run the XSLT transformation on the client using ECMAScript, or will it call some service on the server that return the document with a new row? Your XSLT looks correct, but you have to specify where will the transformation take place. Anyhow, I'd suggest using DOM for this.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jarno - This Morn'Omina: One Eyed Man

Laurence MOSSUZ

LAPP Service Informatique
Chemin de Bellevue BP 110
74941 Annecy-Le-Vieux CEDEX
Tel : 04 50 09 17 31 _ Fax : 04 50 27 94 95