RE: [xsl] local extremums

Subject: RE: [xsl] local extremums
From: cknell@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 12:58:38 -0500

You can easily determine which element contains the Cnt attribute with the highest number using <xsl:sort>. I have written a stylesheet which outputs each Range element sorted by @Cnt in descending order. If you want to get only those which are *not* among the three highest (assuming no duplicate values among them), you need only work with those elements in the result tree with a position() value greater than 3.

Tell us what you want to do with the results (e.g., replicate the document while leaving out the three Range elements with the highest @Cnt value), and I'll refine the stylesheet to do that and post it.

--
Charles Knell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email