Re: [xsl] seriously trivial question about processing the root element

Subject: Re: [xsl] seriously trivial question about processing the root element
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 22:43:34 GMT
>   at least in the above example, it seems to be little
> more than aesthetics.  is this accurate?

as always in xslt, it depends on what the other templates are.
Usually it's just a matter of style, I usually use a match of /
on a template that's generating the top level output as it's
just easier to find later. but it can make a difference
if there are for example templates copying comments from the input to
the result and you don't want top level comments copied matching on /
and directing apply templates to the element node and ignoring top level
comments and pis is one way to achieve that.

David