RE: [xsl] WROX going under

Subject: RE: [xsl] WROX going under
From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 07:06:30 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Allan Jones wrote:

> I had several friends working there who now have no jobs, and little to
> no chance of even obtaining their pay for the last month that they
> worked.  No offence intended, but to bring it down the level of 'can we
> get books cheap' isn't really fair on them or the authors left in the
> lurch.

whoa!  i never meant to suggest depriving authors of their royalties.
i had assumed that they would get their royalties no matter *how*
the books were sold or remaindered.  i was just asking if anyone
knew the policy for how the remaining books would be disposed of.

i think i'll just shut up now.  it's getting really exhausting
defending myself against these misinterpretations.

rday