RE: [xsl] Re: Re: questions about XSLT philosophy: how much is too much?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Re: Re: questions about XSLT philosophy: how much is too much?
From: "bryan" <bry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:59:05 +0100
>Why should a max() function be provided? In a functional languge only a
few
>functions need be provided as primitives (not defined by other
functions).
Which of course is the benefit of fxsl. Implementing a max function in
xslt is not a particularly pleasant job, that many newbies etc. struggle
with this very unpleasant task is I think not a problem with the
language but a problem with community communication, teaching and so
forth. Fxsl and Exslt both seem to be viewed as being nerdy, academic,
and lacking relevance to the new and inexperienced user when perhaps the
opposite is the fact.