RE: [xsl] Re: A list of useful functions that aren't in the core of xsl.

Subject: RE: [xsl] Re: A list of useful functions that aren't in the core of xsl.
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 22:46:42 -0000
> Mike, common subsequence sharing really makes a big
> difference. For example list sharing is one of the major
> assumptions in estimating the time complexity of the algorithms in

Thanks for the advice, it's certainly one of the things I will put on my
list of future opportunities. I can't immediately see how to combine it
with lazy evaluation, but I'll stew on it for a while.

I've recently extended the optimizations I do in two particular areas -
compile-time moving of sub-expressions out of loops, and run-time lazy
evaluation, and between them they have made a big difference to
execution time for some complex stylesheets. The bad news is that most
stylesheets are not complex enough to benefit from them!

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx