Re: [xsl] How efficient is DVC? - A grouping example

Subject: Re: [xsl] How efficient is DVC? - A grouping example
From: "Robbert van Dalen" <juicer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 02:14:15 +0100
Comparative measurements (on a much slower machine then I've tested on before)
Mind you: were grouping N groups ~ N nodes.

I just finished *comparing* the examples:

The first example I tried with 1000 (83 sec) 2000 (320 sec) and 4000 (1200 sec)
The second (recursive) example I tried with 1000 nodes and XALAN ran out of
stack space.
The third (binary tree) example I tried with 1000 (34 sec) 2000 (65 sec) and
4000 (150 sec)

So the first example is quadratic
The second does not apply
The third is linear but probably O(log(n)*n)

Cheers,

Robbert