Re: [xsl] xsl:function

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:function
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 09:34:36 +0000
Hi Mac,

> Great, thanks. So, I think <func:function> will work, so I'm trying
> to use that. I'm now just confused as to where the namespace
> declaration should point. You use "my:", but I don't know how I know
> where xmlns:my should point to. My function is just going to return
> true or false after string matching. According to everything I see
> on the web this is considered common knowledge, so noone seems to
> explain this... or I'm just overlooking something super simple.
> Anyway...

xmlns:my can "point to" anything you like. The namespace name that you
associate with the 'my' prefix needs to be a URI (URL or URN) that you
have control over. For example, if you own the domain name
"magusdesigns.com" then a reasonable URI to use would be:

  "http://magusdesigns.com/namespace";

There is no need for you to put anything retrievable at the end of
that URL -- like all namespaces, it's just a unique identifier so that
the processor can work out the difference between your "my" and my
"my".

Cheers,

Jeni

---