[xsl] Keeping the Current Context

Subject: [xsl] Keeping the Current Context
From: "Peter Eschenbrenner" <cen_sys@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:15:14 -0600
As you will note in the stylesheet below, I have hard-coded parameters
for a series of template calls, which created repeating code.  This was
ok for testing purposes, but there are 100 or so rules in production.  I
would like to pull the values out and place them in another file and
then loop through them.  By looping through an external file with
apply-templates or for-each, however, my context would change.  I just
want to *seed* the current context from an external source.

Question:
How can I loop through an external file while keeping the current
context?

Thank you for your attention...
Peter Eschenbrenner (XSL newbie)

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

<xsl:template match="/mysql-schema/mysql-table">
    <xsl:element name="rules">
        <xsl:apply-templates select="columns/column" />
    </xsl:element>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="columns/column">
    <xsl:call-template name="getRules">
        <xsl:with-param name="ruleName" select="'v_E_D_type'" />
    </xsl:call-template>
    <xsl:call-template name="getRules">
        <xsl:with-param name="ruleName" select="'v_E_S_type'" />
    </xsl:call-template>
    <xsl:call-template name="getRules">
        <xsl:with-param name="ruleName" select="'v_E_php_1_id'" />
    </xsl:call-template>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="getRules">
    <xsl:param name="ruleName" />