RE: [xsl] xpath question

Subject: RE: [xsl] xpath question
From: "Andrew Welch" <AWelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:28:01 -0000
> how could i get the matching description for every column,
> when i loop though them via the order described in the order
> node?

Hi,

You would need to count the preceding-siblings (and itself) of the current <column> element, and then apply-templates to the corresponding <description> element, something like:

<xsl:apply-templates select="/root/descriptions/description
                             [position() =
                             count(current()/preceding-sibling::column|.)]"/>

But to be honest thats really awful xml - if you are able to change it I would do that first.

cheers
andrew

---