[xsl] namespace problem with DOM parsed stylesheets

Subject: [xsl] namespace problem with DOM parsed stylesheets
From: Michael Pediaditakis <mp49@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:41:09 +0100
Hello,

I have a proble in processing stylesheets that have been pre-parsed to DOM trees.
Specifically, think of an xslt portion such as:

1<xsl:stylesheet  xmlns:n = "uri:aNamespace" ...>
2   <xsl:template match="n:anElement">
3          <n:anotherElement>
4           </n:anotherElement>
5   </xsl:template>
6 </xsl:stylesheet>

When this is parsed, the prefix information is lost in the DOM tree (or at least is not directly accessible - DOM-2).
When I try to apply this stylesheet (xalan), it complains that "n" is not associate to a namespace in line 2.
Of course processing of other elements as in line 3 is ok since the namespace resolution has been performed
already. It's the namespace prefixes withing attributes that cause the problem.

Is there any way to work arroun this? (e.g. specify the namespace separately or something?)...
...moreover, is there any way that I can customize that (maybe by preprocessing the stylesheet with
another stylesheet) that I can use normal stylesheets (such as the one above) without the need
to modify them?

Thanks in advance,
Mike.