Re: [xsl] html:br

Subject: Re: [xsl] html:br
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:57:25 +0100
> must have declared a namespace of some sort.  I'm not sure
> how to do this.

the same way you declare any namespace
xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
assuming that the html: prefix is XHTML.

> Is this considered good practice,
If you are generating XHTML then it's just a matter of style whether you
prefix the elements or not, but beware if you do prefix them then they
won't be understood by "legacy" html browsers You will have to send teh
file to a system that really understands XHML (such as mozilla or
netscape 7).

If you are generating HTML then it is wrong to put the HTML elements
into a namespace and so wrong to prefix them as you can not associate a
prefix with no-namespace.

> Oh, and one more question:  how do I generate a line break for my html code,
> for the source code?

do you mean you want to put a linebreak in the generated html, for
stylistic reasons?
<xsl:text>&#10;</xsl:text>
will do that.

David