[xsl] Adding tags and text to multiple xsd files

Subject: [xsl] Adding tags and text to multiple xsd files
From: "Holbrook, R Cody (Cody)" <rch7@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 15:56:16 -0700
I have a pool of xsd files, each contains something like this:

<xsd:element name="xyz">
	<xsd:something>
		<xsd:element name="abc">
		<xsd:element ref="def">

Now I have a xml file that looks like this:

<class name="xyz">
	<documentation>Description of xyz</documentation>

	<field name="abc">
	<documentation>Description of abc</documentation>

My intent is this

-take the xml, transform it into an xsl
-this xsl will now transform the xsd files to include the documentation from the xml to look like this:

<xsd:element name="xyz">
	<documentation>Description of xyz</documentation>
	<xsd:something>
		<xsd:element name="abc">
		<documentation>Description of abc</documentation>
		<xsd:element ref="def">

-be able to generate this for any name, with unique descriptions (that exist in the XML with the documentation tags) for each element

It seems to me that this shouldn't be as hard as I'm making it.  I could make a really big xsl that looks for every element name as I specifically site them, but I know I'm going about this the wrong way.  Thanks for reading and of course for any help.

Cody Holbrook
Avaya Inc.