RE: [xsl] performance when using document() function

Subject: RE: [xsl] performance when using document() function
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 13:19:31 +0100
The document() function will incur the cost of reading and parsing the
source XML and allocating memory to the resulting tree. This will almost
certainly be done once only during a transformation, if the same URL is
processed repeatedly. The only performance problems I'm aware of are
when you need to process hundreds documents, in which case you can run
out of memory.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx