Re: [xsl] CDATA

Subject: Re: [xsl] CDATA
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 17:15:03 +0100
> How can I get above CDATA to be recognized as HTML in the browser?
> The reason why I put the content in cdata is that our article has different
> html formats.

The only point of a CDATA section is to mark the text as _not_ PCDATA ie
it is not _P_arsed (or more specifically < and & are not taken as
special by the parser).

Thus if you have a choice it is much better to not cripple your input
file by marking it as CDATA but instead just have well formed xhtml in
there.

If that really isn't an option then this is a FAQ some systems have
extensions that let you parse a string as xml whhich would work if your
cdata section is well formed.
 Failing that as an absolutely final last resort, if your system
supports disable-output-escaping you can use

  <xsl:value-of disable-output-escaping="yes" select="Content"/>

but searching for d-o-e on this list will show 1001 reasons why using
d-o-e is a bad idea.

David