Re: [xsl] XSL and "discontinuous" tags

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL and "discontinuous" tags
From: "Mike Haarman" <mhaarman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 01:18:08 -0500

> I have an XML file that is somewhat unprofessional in design, because it
> does this (essentially)
>
> <quoteBegin/> this is a quote

Daniel,

You acknowledge the malformedness of the instance but miss the consequence.  Of
the two flavors of XML, well-formed and valid, yours is neither and consequently
not XML at all.  I think that you will need find a way to regular expression
your instance into well-formedness before you can expect a conforming XSL
processor to do anything useful with your document.

XSL has no facility for tidying a malformed instance because it presupposes
well-formedness.

hth,

Mike