RE: [xsl] more on Using apply-templates instead of for-each?

Subject: RE: [xsl] more on Using apply-templates instead of for-each?
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:39:09 -0400
[David Carlisle]

> > For-each does operate on each node in a node-set, but they
> are operated
> > on separately, as if they were single, unrelated nodes.
> With for-each,
> > for example, you can only get a position() of 1 on any one
> iteration,
>
> Not at all. see the example in the spec that uses position() in a
> for-each to not put a comma after the last item in a list.

The rare time I do not test what I say or check the Rec before posting,
I get it messed up!  Now I am scratching my head trying to remember just
what were the situations I could not get what I wanted with position()
within a for-each block.  I do remember times like that, but not
details.  Must have been a long time ago.

But it is clear in the Rec, just what David says (of course!) -

"The template is instantiated with the selected node as the current
node, and with a list of all of the selected nodes as the current node
list."

Sorry to be promulgating mis-information :-(

Cheers,

Tom P