RE: [xsl] Date formatting using XSLT extensions functions

Subject: RE: [xsl] Date formatting using XSLT extensions functions
From: "Kaine Varley" <kaine.varley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 13:45:40 +0100
Neal,

Thanks for the suggestion; I'm sure I'll use some aspects of it.
However, rather than parsing the date as a string value, i.e. the
characters at position 4 and 5 equate to the month, I was hoping to deal
with the date as a proper date. The reason for this is because different
databases have ever so slightly different ideas of what a date looks
like, but the date handling objects in the scripting languages appear to
deal with this. For instance a date could appear in any of the following
formats:

	- 13/03/2003 4:58:32 pm
	- 2003-03-13 16:58:35
	- March 13, 2003

As you see simply parsing the date would give unexpected results, even
though the dates validate OK using the VBScript IsDate() function.
Besides, I suppose I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong when calling
the extension function.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Kaine