[xsl] How to put node value into an attribute

Subject: [xsl] How to put node value into an attribute
From: Gregory Propf <gpropf@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 01:11:09 -0400
I am trying to get the value of an XML node into an attribute of a tag that I am generating in XSL. The idea is something like this.

<input type='text' name='<xsl:value-of select="@name"/>'/>

Where the xsl:value-of (this is within a template) becomes translated into the value of the input attribute in the output. This does not work, however. I get this from xalan.

Line 18; Column -1; XSLT Error (javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException): javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Use "&lt;" for "<" in attribute values.

What is the correct way to do this kind of thing?

--
"Firing people can give you a pretty good buzz, but it's a poor, poor substitute for killing. I realize that now" - Dale Gribble