[xsl] Importing stylesheets (overriding)

Subject: [xsl] Importing stylesheets (overriding)
From: "Karl J. Stubsjoen" <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 13:43:52 -0700
Hello,

In both cases of import and inclusion of stylesheets, these must occur Top
Level.  This doesn't seem to be the solution I'm after, since I need to
conditionaly choose my override template.

I have a default stylesheet, which has 4 primary functions:
1)  build a very basic HTML table of results for an give XML document
2)  display a basic HTML form for editing (or inserting new) a particular
item in an XML document
3)  display a basic HTML form for confirming the deletion of a record

>From ASP I build and XML document, call up my default template and parse the
XM Document into HTML.  ASP determines which of the 4 functions is occuring
and sets a paramter in the stylesheet appropriately.  The stylesheet has a
template match (with mode) for each of the above functions.

I'd like the ability to be able to override any of the above template
matches with a new one.  As in, from ASP I'd always rely on the default
template, but invision passing the template a parameter which is the URI of
a stylesheet to actually handle the EDIT Form (as an example).

I'm thinking this is not possible, and thinking that I'd need to handle the
override from ASP.  Which isn't entirlely a bad idea.  I just didn't want to
recreate the entire stylesheet and was really hoping to conditionaly
override a template match in the master stylesheet with a snippet of a
stylesheet.

Thanks for the advice!

Karl