Re: [xsl] saxon command line tool with fop

Subject: Re: [xsl] saxon command line tool with fop
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 20:41:47 +0200
Mark Ivs wrote:
   I am trying to use saxon command line tool to
generate pdf. This is the command I typed in (from
Saxon\samples directory)
java com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet -a data\pdflist.xml output.pdf
But I get an exception(see below). I have saxon.jar
and saxon-fop jar in my classpath.
What am I missing ?
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/fop/apps/FOPException

You'll need the FOP jars as well in the classpath http://xml.apache.org/fop/

It may be possible that the latest FOP release wont
work with saxon the way you used it. You can use the
FOP CLI instead, although it uses Xalan rather than
Saxon by default as XSLT processor. If you want to
use FOP with Saxon, one possiblity is to remove
the Xalan jar from FOP's lib directory and drop in
the Saxon jar. If you are on Windows and use fop.bat
rather tahn fop.sh (under Cygwin), you'll also need
to updata the classpath setting in fop.bat.

J.Pietschmann