Re: [xsl] Perpetuating xsl instructions

Subject: Re: [xsl] Perpetuating xsl instructions
From: Alan Gardner <scipiomedia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 08:50:01 -0600
Okay, let me try to explain it in another way...
master.xsl has the something along these lines:

    <xsl:template match="/">
        <xsl:apply-templates select="*"/>
    </xsl:template>

    <xsl:template match="*">
        <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
    </xsl:template>

I need to copy doc1.xml's contents and append them to the bottom of
master.xsl (in effect, master.xsl is outputting to itself, each time growing
as more and more xml documents are appended to it). Since I won't always
know how many xml documents need to be appended, I can't manually
select="document()" them. So as doc1.xml's contents are outputted to
master.xsl, I need a way to keep the original xsl lines (see above) in the
master.xsl document for the next transformation  (doc2.xml, doc3.xml
doc~n.xml).

So the question restated is: how do I keep those transformation instructions
continually present (passed back into itself) through each iteration so that
it's ready for the next transformation?

Alan