Re: [xsl] Re: What is the best way to cast integer to string in X SLT2?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: What is the best way to cast integer to string in X SLT2?
From: "Mike Haarman" <mhaarman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 00:20:44 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Watt" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> So, correct me if I am misunderstanding you here, you are saying you will
> forego the date / time / duration functions in XPath 2.0 / XSLT 2.0 if it
> means you having to learn even a very little about W3C XML Schema?

Hey all,

This thread and another recent one regarding X(Path|SL) 2.0 has raised a few
questions for me.  I am late to the party and I wonder if someone can direct me
to language in the recent drafts regarding the behavior of those functions which
rely upon

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/

over a merely well-formed instance, that is, for which no schema is available.
In the absence of type information, the behavior of many of the functions of
XPath2.0 would seem to be indeterminate.  Where's the prose in the draft that
answers to this situation?

Much obliged,

Mike