Re: [xsl] Re: What is the best way to cast integer to string in X SLT2?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: What is the best way to cast integer to string in X SLT2?
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 16:25:09 +0100
Mike wrote:
> I'm using "untyped" as a convenient shorthand for "typed as
> xs:anyType in the case of elements or xs:untypedAtomic in the case
> of attributes."

To clarify, the data model makes the distinction between the type of
the node (dm:type()) and the type of the typed value
(dm:typed-value()) of the node. An "untyped attribute" has the type
xs:anySimpleType, but the type of its typed value is
xdt:untypedAtomic. In the current data model, an "untyped element" has
the type xs:anyType and the type of its typed value is
xdt:untypedAtomic.

Note that it is perfectly possible for an element or attribute to have
been validated and still have a typed value of type xdt:untypedAtomic.
For example, it could be an element declared with the type xs:anyType
or an attribute declared with the type xs:anySimpleType. Also any
element declared as having mixed content has a typed value with the
type xdt:untypedAtomic.

Cheers,

Jeni

---