RE: [xsl] XPath and root-less namespace problem

Subject: RE: [xsl] XPath and root-less namespace problem
From: "Ken Shino" <kenji@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 03:53:50 -0400
> See <http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#node-tests>
>
>   "--except that the default namespace declared with xmlns is not used--"
>
> Thus
>
>   //x:definitions/x:service/x:port[@name='IZPOP3service']/*/@location
>
> with ns-prefix x bound to URL http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/ will work.

After seeing through some of the FAQs, I understand that this is how to do
it.  However, I do not known of a code snippet on the Internet that shows
how to do this programmatically with either a DOMParser or
DocumentBuilderFactory.  And yes, I've looked VERY hard.

I know I'm not the only one with this problem, and if I can get it answered,
I know it will help lots of other people out there with the same problem.
This is the only logical place I can think of asking.

Thanks in advance!
-- Kenji