Re: [xsl] Comparison of XSL and XSLTC

Subject: Re: [xsl] Comparison of XSL and XSLTC
From: Jarkko Moilanen <Jarkko.Moilanen@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 14:53:49 +0300 (EEST)
On Thu, 15 May 2003, Kevin Jones wrote:

> We have a general XSLT benchmark that we use for comparing processor
> performance (see www.sarvega.com). On XalanJ 2.5D1 it indicates XSLTC is
> roughly x3 the performance of XalanJ.

In my own tests I have come to results that indicate C version to be
better/ more performace when processing document oriented data. And Java
based better when dealing with data oriented sourcetree.

Cheers,
Jarkko

The results are very uniform probably
> indicating this is a fairly good estimate for most stylesheet types.
>
> Kev.
>

> On Thursday 15 May 2003 09:01, Dennis wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Is there any benchmark analysis pertaining to XML
> > transformation between XSL and XSLTC (Translets)
> > supported by Apache.
> > Means who gives the better performance in terms of
> > transformation usage of XSL or XSLTC.
> > A comparative analysis for both will help a lot
> >
> > Thanks in Advance
> > -Dennis

Jarkko Moilanen          "Erehtyminen on inhimillista,
Researcher                mutta todella suuret mokat
jm60697@xxxxxx            vaativat tietokoneen käyttöä."
www.uta.fi/~jm60697
GSM: +358 50 3766 927
* ITCM | Information Technology and Crisis Management
* http://www.itcm.org