RE: [xsl] DOM v/s JDOM

Subject: RE: [xsl] DOM v/s JDOM
From: "Greg McCreath" <Greg.McCreath@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 15:36:49 +0200
Dennis,

We have just started using JDOM for some of our XML processing. We
mainly use Xerces/Xalan though.

JDOM is much simpler to use and more java-like.  That is true.  We have
no complaints about the speed.

We use JDOM for the following reasons:

1) You can use your own subclassed nodes in a JDOM tree.  This make it
especially good for use in an MVC situation where the model is a tree
structure and you want to use XPATH on it.

2) The XPATH usage is clean and simple.

3) It interoperates with SAX, Xerces, etc.

As yet, I'm not too sure of it's XSL capabilities, I haven't been there
yet.

Greg.