RE: [xsl] Pass node to template

Subject: RE: [xsl] Pass node to template
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 23:36:50 +0100

> Never Mind... I'm being a retard. ...
>
> Things would have been much better if I had remembered to change
number=3
> on the command line to string=3

Two good examples here of why it's good language design to be rather
stricter about error checking. Type checking of course comes into this
category as well. The "anything goes" style of XSLT 1.0 is great when
you get things right, but can be a pig to debug when you get things
wrong.

Note that XSLT 2.0 allows you to say "required='yes'" on a parameter
definition, which means you will automatically get an error message if
you mistype the parameter name. I don't think this is available yet for
stylesheet parameters, but it will come...

Michael Kay