RE: [xsl] position() seems always to be 1

Subject: RE: [xsl] position() seems always to be 1
From: "Lars Huttar" <lars_huttar@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 14:53:15 -0500
Apologies for a previous version of this message which I sent
prematurely.  (I will henceforth beware of Ctrl+Enter!)

Jarno wrote:
> Above, the position() returns the context position of the
> self:node() locations step, and will always return 1; last()
> will also always return 1 as the context size for self::*
> will never exceed 1. Thus, the above predicate test will
> always return true.

That makes sense, but then why does his test

> 	<xsl:when test="self::node()[position()=last()]">

always return false?  1 = 1, so you would expect the above to
be true.  Yet Steve says that instead of the <xsl:when> clause,
"it always uses the otherwise" clause.

Just curious,
Lars