[xsl] Re: Re: Re: Creating an array

Subject: [xsl] Re: Re: Re: Creating an array
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 06:14:00 +0200
"Alan Gardner" <scipiomedia@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:BAF93B68.6EE3%scipiomedia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> > numbers

> >> The source you pointed me has uses <xsl:import href="random.xsl"/>.
Where

http://fxsl.sourceforge.net/articles/Random/Casting%20the%20Dice%20with%20FXSL
> > -htm.htm
> >
> > The FXSL library can be downloaded following the "Download" link of the
FXSL
> > project page:
> >
> > https://sourceforge.net/projects/fxsl
>

> I suspected you were referencing the Cast of the Dice code. I had already
> investigated it and found that it too was generating duplicate numbers.
The
> solution I need is a way to have random numbers but not duplicated numbers
> (the randomly generated number is associated with a link - which can't be
> duplicated or content on the web site will be redundant.

You missed it completely. Yes, random.xsl generates random numbers, which
may be repeated in a sequence.

However, the solution in the first link I provided uses random.xsl and *does
not* generate repeating results.

It is specifically designed to present/reshuffle all the nodes of a node-set
in a random way, and without repetition.
Just use this solution:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/xsl-list/2002-05/msg00182.html

=====
Cheers,