[xsl] Trouble keeping html tags (more a javadoc question)

Subject: [xsl] Trouble keeping html tags (more a javadoc question)
From: "Holbrook, R Cody (Cody)" <rch7@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 13:39:27 -0600
Hello fellow XSLers,

I'll try to articulate this problem as best as I can.  Fair warning :o)

I used a stylesheet to add documentation to 100s of XSD files.  An example of what one looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>

<xsd:element name="UnregisterDevice">
	<xsd:annotation>
		<xsd:documentation>
			Used to unregister a Terminal.  Messages:
			<ul>
			<li>Sucess</li>
			<li>Fail</li>
			</ul>
		</xsd:documentation>
	</xsd:annotation>
</xsd:element>
</xsd:schema>

This is all well and good, but when I run a simple javadoc ant target, which builds itself from comments made in the code, the html that is generated comes out like this:

UnregisterDevice

	Used to unregister a Terminal.  Messages:SuccessFail

The java comments are perfect.  The html works upto making the java comments look correct, except I'm more concerned with making the html generated work correctly.  But with the tags leaving the code from XSD to generated java, I'm not sure what to do.

Is there a way to force the XSDs to pass the HTML tags as just text so that they get into the generated java?

Sorry if this is a loaded question.  I've been toying with the notion to use CDATA, but I'm not quite sure if that's a longterm fix.

Thanks for reading!