[xsl] Generated Code: GPL Protected?

Subject: [xsl] Generated Code: GPL Protected?
From: Jason Varsoke <jvarsoke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 18:11:48 -0700 (PDT)
I have an open source project hosted at SourceForge.net and most of my
code is in the CVS.  I've recently started taking the more mundane
objects written in Java and turned them into XML data and wrote an XSL
to create the Java code automagically.

In the CVS I'm about to delete the old Java Source code and replace it
with the XML and XSL (which auto-generates the source).

So my question is will the generated source be protected by the GPL?
(and yes it will contain header with the license).

The reason I ask is that typically data generated from running a
program is not covered under the GPL.  For example: gcc, CGIs etc.

I could always only put the generated code into the CVS, but well, it's
not really what a CVS is for (generated things).

thanks,

-j